There is numerous info you can get from the internet, and for most users, Google Chrome is the most common mediation. However, adult websites are not very inappropriate ones. Especially when you are searching for some important info for working or your teens are looking for content to enjoy studying.
Thus, we would like to help our readers to know how to block adult content on Google Chrome for both mobile and desktop users.
How to Block Adults Websites on Google Chrome
1. Turn on Google SafeSearch
The first solution is to turn on Google SafeSearch to help both mobile and desktop users to block inappropriate images and videos. After enabling this feature, Google Chrome and Play Store will block the potentially harmful videos, images, and websites automatically.
How to Turn on Google SafeSearch on Chrome
To enable this feature on your Chrome, just need to go to this page: https://www.google.com/safesearch. Then switch the close button to open, now go back to your search page, the explicit content is blocked.
How to Turn on Google SafeSearch on Android and iPhone
Open your Google app, then click on the gear icon and scroll down to find the Search Settings. Then hit “Filter explicit results” under the SafeSearch filters option.
2. How to Block Inappropriate Websites on Google Chrome android via Adding Restrictions
Another way is to simply add restrictions on Google Chrome. With this method, you can block certain websites by adding their URLs manually. Check the steps below:
- Open your Google Chrome and then go to Settings via clicking the 3-dot icon on the right top side. Next, check the Advanced & System & Open Proxy Settings.
- Go to the tab of Security. Choose the Restricted Sites option and click on “Sites”.
- There will be a pop-up window that appears, enter the adult website URLs that you want to block, and tap on “Add”.
- Save the changes and re-open Google Chrome. Now you can check if the adult websites have been blocked successfully.
3. How to Block Adult Content on Google with An Extension
Apart from the ways we have mentioned above, you can also use an extension to block adults content on Google easily. As there are many free extensions, you can choose one to use as you like. The general steps are as follow:
1.Go to the Chrome Web Store, search for “site blocker”.
2.There will be many different extensions, you can choose one you like, and then click Add to Chrome.
3.The extension will appear in the top right of your browser, click on it to and open its settings.
4.Add websites you want to block to the blacklist and save the changes.
4. How to Block Porn on Chrome With Google Family Link
If you are a parent, Google Family Link in an App you must have. It helps parents check their children’s phone activity. If you want, you can even track your child’s location. Of course, Google Family Link can help block website on Chrome without any hassle. Check how to use it:
- Download and install the Family Link app.
- Open the app, select your child and click on “Manage settings.”
- Now, you need to hit “Google Chrome.”
- Choose the option “Try to block explicit sites” to limit the visit of your child.
- You can also choose “Only allow approved sites” to add the website you want the child to use.
5. How to Block Adults Websites on My Phone Using Google Play Restrictions
For Android devices users, there is a good feature to set restrictions. If you want to restrict the use of Google Play for your children, you can follow these steps:
1.Open your children’s mobile phone and tap on Google Play Store.
2.Go to Settings and choose Parental controls.
3.Then, you need to turn on this feature and set a content PIN. However, please remember that don’t tell the PIN to your children.
6. How to Block Porn on Google on a Mac
Unlike Windows user, Mac users have a different way to block adult websites. If you don’t know how to do, just follow us to get a detailed introduction.
1.On your Mac, tap the Apple menu on the top-left corner of the screen.
2.Now choose System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
3.Click Parental Controls. It’s a yellow icon with a graphic of an adult and a child.
4.You will see a lock icon at the bottom-left corner of the window. Click on it and enter your administrator password. This is password is the one you used to log in to the Mac.
5.Tap OK. Choose a user name to restrict this user from browsing the website.
6.Click the Web tab from the top of the window. Then check the “Try to limit access to adult websites” option.
7.Click the lock icon again to save your changes. The adult content will not appear in Safari again.
7. How to Block Websites on Mac with Screen Time
There is another way to help you block websites on Mac, that is Screen Time. With this feature, you can limit the use of adults website with the steps below:
1.From the Apple menu, tap on System Preferences.
2.Select Screen Time, and then click Continue.
3.Now, check the sidebar and select Content & Privacy to turn it on.
4.Under the Web Content section, select Limit Adult Websites, and then hit Customize.
5.Click the plus icon and add a website address, then click OK to restart your browser.
That’s all about how to block adults websites on google chrome, and all of them are free to use. However, there are also many parental control apps can help do that. We would like to talk about them in future. BTW, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to let us know via leaving a comment.