With the use of WiFi, people can work and live much easier than before. There is no doubt that WiFi is a great invention. However, everything has two sides; when your computer or mobile phone has connected to WiFi, but there is no internet, it becomes a big trouble. Thus, how to fix the WiFi connected no internet issue is often asked by many people.
In this article, we will describe everything about the problem and try to help everyone solve it in seconds, let’s begin.
Before Fix: Diagnose Why WiFi But No Internet First
When your WiFi internet connected but not working, there are two main situations:
- Internet does not work on one device
- Internet is not working on any device
If you have multiple devices, you can try to connect all of them to the WiFi to figure out the problem better. If there is only one device that doesn’t have internet access, that device might have a problem. However, if internet access is not available on multiple devices, there may be a problem with the router device.
Situation 1. If Only One Device Cannot Access the Internet
If your computer or mobile phone can’t access the Internet after connecting to WIFI, there are several ways to fix this problem.
1. The DNS Problems
Sometimes DNS issues can be the main reason for the no internet problem. You can solve this problem in three ways.
(1) Clear DNS Cache
- Open the run box with win+R and enter cmd.
- Type the following command and click the Enter button: ipconfig/flushdns.
This command will discard any existing DNS cache. Therefore, your device will not be able to get information from the old address.
(2) Statically Configure DNS Address
If the first solution above doesn’t fix the problem, you may need to set up a stable DNS server. Doing this will make your device detect only that server. It doesn’t mean you won’t be able to use other broadband networks. Follow the steps below to set up a stable server:
- Open Network Settings on your device.
- Search your network now.
- check its properties.
- Set Internet Protocol to “TCP/IPv4”.
- Set the DNS server to 18.104.22.168.
(Note: This is just an example, you can also change to other DNS according to actual needs)
After setting up a stable DNS server, check if your device can access the Internet. If it still doesn’t, then there may be other issues.
2. IP Address Expired
If the IP address expires, you should re-establish it. You can also check out new IP addresses from Internet devices.
- A restart of your phone or computer is all you need to do. However, if the problem persists, you can type and run this command “netsh int ip reset” in the command box.
- After that, restart your device and check if your device can access the Internet.
If you still can’t solve it, you should seek technical support from the equipment supplier.
Situation 2. If All Devices Cannot Access the Internet
If you cannot access the Internet on multiple devices, you can try the following solutions:
1. Restart the Router
This is the easiest and most efficient solution to get the network working. Just find the router, restart it, and check whether your device can surf the Internet normally after connecting to WIFI. If this way is not working, you may need to troubleshoot the network.
2. Troubleshooting the Internet Issue
First of all, you need to quickly determine whether there is a problem with the broadband or the router. You can plug out the network cable connected to the router and then connect it to your computer to check whether it can access the Internet normally.
If it can access the Internet normally, there may be a problem with the router settings, or the router device is faulty. You need to change the router configuration or replace the router device.
If you cannot access the Internet normally, which proves that the broadband line is faulty, you should seek technical support from the broadband operator.
Use Windows Network Troubleshooter
If you have a Windows computer, you can run the Network Troubleshooter to figure out the problem and get some suggestions.
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Status. Then, you need to select Network troubleshooter and follow its instructions to see if Windows can rectify the problem.
- If you have updated to Windows 11, you need to go to Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters > Internet Connections. Then, Windows will start to detect issues automatically.
Situation 3. Other Useful Tips for Both Phone and Computer
If you have tried all the ways above but still cannot gain access to the Internet, there are still some useful tips:
- Disable VPN service, sometimes too weak VPN may cause no internet, a simply disable can solve the issue quickly.
- Disable security software, just like the VPN service, some security tools will limit your internet connection when you are browsing the website it identifies as dangerous.
- Update your wireless computer drivers and then try to connect to WiFi again.
- Reset network on Windows PC, you can go to settings > network and Internet> Find status > click network troubleshooter > Network Reset.
No Internet Issue Anymore!
We ensure that most of the WiFi connected no internet access issue can be solved with the solutions above. However, there are always exceptions, if your problem still exists, don’t hesitate to contact your internet provider, they will be the best solution when you cannot fix the issue by yourself.