Depth Effect Not Working On iOS 16? Learn How To Fix it
This is an era of technology. Day by day, the trend of smartphones is rising. So many companies are launching smartphones with advanced features, but the iPhone is leading this race because of its wonderful features and high-level performance.
Apple has launched iOS 16, which provides more advanced features to make your lock screen more customizable. one of these latest features is the depth effect that works with your photo gallery images. This article is going to guide you about this in detail.
What is the Depth Effect on iPhone
iOS 16 provides a depth effect that you can use to make a layered lock screen. The depth effect creates a strong contrast against a blurred background. This effect makes a subject dominant and pushes back the clock element and other widgets.
How to Use Wallpaper Depth Effect
It is important to remember that the depth effect will only work without widgets on the lock screen. If you add widgets, it will automatically remove the depth effect. Here are the steps that show how to use the wallpaper’s depth effects.
- Swipe down the Notification bar and lock the screen by pressing the side button.
- Tap and hold the Lock screen till the customization menu appear.
- Swipe left the current lock screen, then Tap Add New.
- Tap photos to open the photo library.
- Select the photo that you want.
- At the bottom of the right corner, the 3-Dot menu will appear. Tap on that menu to enable the Depth Effect.
- You can use the same wallpaper on the home screen or make changes according to your choice.
Why is My iPhone Depth Effect Wallpaper Not Working on iOS 16
Although the depth effect is a wonderful feature in iOS 16, some users are facing the issue of the iOS 16 depth effect not working. If you are one of them in trouble with using depth effect, do not worry, it is not a big deal; you can resolve this issue yourself. Here we are also providing some reasons for not working on the depth effect and the fixing method.
iOS offers widgets on the lock screen, but if you want to use depth effect, you can’t use widgets and depth effect simultaneously.
Covering too much clock
The second reason the depth effect does not work is choosing the wallpaper with clearly defined backgrounds. This effect needs appropriate space to work. So only use a good photo for wallpaper so that the clock and the wallpaper take appropriate space.
Wallpaper lacks depth
As the name of this effect, it needs depth photos for this. When you select a photo from your photo library, the iPhone analyzes the photo and differentiates the background and foreground for this effect. Portrait mode has a focal point to the subject, so a photo taken in portrait mode works best for this feature.
How to Fix the iOS 16 Depth Effect Not Working
1. Check the Compatibility of Your iPhone and Wallpaper
The first and most important step is to make sure that your iPhone is compatible with the depth effect feature or not. Some iPhone models, such as iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus, and iPhone X, are not eligible for this feature. If your device is updated to iOS 16, but the depth effect is still not working, then remember that this feature is only available for iPhones with an A12 Bionic chip.
2. Check and Convert Image Format
Are you facing trouble setting depth effect? Firstly, make sure you are using a JPEG file format. Till now iPhone supports JPEG file format for this feature. To check the format of your selected file, follow these steps:
- To check the file format, go to photo apps and open the picture you want to use.
- Now tap the “i “button to open the information.
- If it is not JPEG, you can choose another picture. Or you can change the file format by using other apps to convert it.
3. Disable and then Re-Enable the Depth Effect Feature
If the depth effect does not work, try to disable and enable the feature so it can start to work. Please follow these steps below to do so:
- Unlock your iPhone with your passcode.
- Press and hold the lock screen until entering the wallpaper gallery. You can also access it through Settings>wallpaper.
- Swipe the depth effect wallpaper and tap customized.
- There you will see the Ellipsis icon (three dots) in the bottom right corner.
- Tap Depth Effect to disable the option.
- When you have done changes, Click Done at the top right corner.
- Please tap on the wallpaper in the gallery to activate it again.
4. Manually Position your Wallpaper
Another reason behind the not working depth effect is that the clock covers the wallpaper. It would help if you repositioned the wallpaper to fix that issue.
- Go to screen selector by pressing and holding the screen and tap customize.
- Now drag the picture to the screen with two fingers.
- Set the picture by making a pinch gesture with your figures to zoom in. zooming in will increase the area so you can easily set the picture to fit the screen.
- Afterward, you will see the depth effect working.
5. Delete Lock Screen Widgets to Fix iOS 16 Depth Effect Not Working
As mentioned above, you can not simultaneously use the lock screen widgets and depth effect wallpaper. In case of fixing the problem of the depth effect not working, You need to remove the lock screen widgets. Follow these steps:
- Click and hold the lock screen until the screen selector appears.
- Now tap on Customized.
- Now tap on the widget title.
- You will see the Minus button on the top left of each widget. Tap this button to delete the widget.
- After removing all the widgets, the depth effect works.
6. Wait for the New iOS Update
Suppose all of the above methods fail to fix the depth effect issue. It seems your iOS has some error. Some errors and bugs are difficult to remove. You need to update the iOS to eliminate these viruses and bugs.
7. Video Guide for iOS 16 Depth Effect Not Working
We also find that there are many useful tips from YouTube Videos, you can check one of them below.
Faqs about iOS Depth Effect
Q1 What factors affect the depth of the image?
The three main factors that affect the depth are aperture, distance from the focused subject, and focal length from your camera.
Q2 what is the purpose of the depth effect?
The depth effect is designed to create cool effects by highlighting the foreground and background of a picture.
Q3 what is Depth Effect on iPhone?
iPhone camera creates a depth of field effect with the portrait mode. It creates a sharp focus on the subject and blurs the background.
We have discussed all the problems of iOS 16 not working with depth effect. Were you trying to handle the problem of the depth effect not working? Now you can quickly resolve the depth effect not working issue by using the methods listed above.