AirPlay is a good feature for Apple users to stream their iPhone/iPad to other Apple devices that also support AirPlay. However, how can you stop it? How to completely turn off it to avoid the misuse of AirPlay? Thankfully, this article will tell the answers.
How to Turn Off AirPlay on iPhone/iPad
To turn off AirPlay on iPhone/iPad, you need to follow these steps:
When You are Mirroring a Device
- At first, open the Control Center on the iPhone/iPad.
- For iPhone X & iPad iOS 12, you can swipe down from the upper-right corner of your iPhone screen.
- For iPhone 8, or iOS 11, and the earlier versions and models, you can simply swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Then select the Screen Mirroring widget.
- Now, you can see all the devices you can mirror to, click the Stop Mirroring option to turn off AirPlay on iPhone/iPad.
When You are Streaming a Device
This way is a little different from the first one, you can check the steps below:
- Open the app you are streaming.
- Find the AirPlay icon and click on it.
- At last, select Turn off AirPlay to stop streaming.
How to Turn Off AirPlay on Mac
The way to AirPlay on Mac is also easy, please check the steps below and try:
- Open your Mac, then click the Control Center, you can find it in the top right corner.
- Then tap on the screen mirroring option.
- There will be a pop-up window appears.
- In this window, select the AirPlay Display option at the bottom of the screen.
- At last, select the Off feature to turn on the AirPlay on Mac.
How to Disable AirPlay
You may find that the AirPlay may start when you tap its icon by accident, it may cause trouble when you are watching something privately and do not want others to know. In this case, you may need to know how to disable this feature.
To do this, go to General on your iPhone/iPad, then select AirPlay & Handoff, click on tap Automatically AirPlay to TVs and choose Never or Ask, it will help you solve the automatic mirror issue.
How to Restrict the Use of AirPlay
If you do not want to use AirPlay and need to disable it so that avoid the misuse between iPhone/iPad and Apple TV, you can try the two ways below.
Go to Settings > AirPlay and HomeKit, enable AirPlay, and then you will find some options, choose the Require Password mode, with this feature, it will ask for the password whenever you try to stream content to Apple TV.
You can also go to Setting > AirPlay > Conference Room Display. To enable this feature, a message will always appear on the display to teach you how to connect AirPlay to it and also the wireless details. Now, select Require PIN Every Time, every user will need to enter the Pin that displays on the Apple TV to use AirPlay.
That’s all about how to turn off AirPlay iPhone 12/13, iPad, or Mac, and also Apple TV Settings, we hope this article is useful for your troubles and are also glad to see any feedback