How to Stop Sharing Location without Them Knowing 100% Free
Nowadays, no matter iPhone or Android phone, they have built-in location sharing functions for users to track their family or friends’ location.
However, there are times you may want to stop the location sharing and don’t want to bother people notice, is it possible to do that? The answer is yes, in this article, we will describe how to stop sharing location without them knowing on iPhone. The ways for Android phone is similar to it, you can also refer to the post.
If I Stop Sharing My Location Will They Know
As far as we know, there will not be any kind of notifications sent to others when you stop sharing locations with them. Thus, you can keep relaxed to turn off location with the methods we will introduce to you.
You may also like: what does no location found mean?
How to Stop Sharing Location without Them Knowing
To learn how to stop sharing your location without them knowing, please check the 6 ways we have listed below carefully.
Way 1: Turn Off Find My iPhone
The first solution on how to turn your location off without someone knowing is to turn off your Find My iPhone feature. Once you disable this function, your location will not be tracked by your friends or family, nor do it yourself.
You can easily do that via going to Settings > Your Name > Find My > Find My iPhone, tapping on the toggle to disable it.
Way 2: Turn On Airplane Mode
If you do not want to lose the function to track your location in case you lost it in the future, you can try to turn on airplane mode when you are sharing your location with others. As is known to all, when you turn on airplane mode, there will be no internet connection. Thus, the Share My Location will not work at all.
There are two methods to enable airplane mode:
- Swipe up or swipe down to enter the control center, find the airplane mode icon and click on it.
2. From your iPhone home screen, go to Settings, tap on the button Airplane Mode to turn it on.
Way 3: Stop Sharing My Location in Find My
If you are sharing a location with one particular friend and want to stop the process, you can try to turn off the Share My Location feature instead of disabling the whole Find My iPhone feature. Check the steps of how to turn off location without the other person knowing below:
- Go to the “Find My” app and find the “People” options.
- Check and click on the person you do not want to share location anymore.
- Click on Stop Sharing My Location and then confirm the operation by tapping Stop Sharing Location again.
If you want to stop sharing my location with all of your listed friends, you can simply go to Settings > Find My > turn off the Share My Location function.
Way 4: Turn Off Share My Location in Privacy
In addition to turning off Share My Location with the Find My app, you can also disable this feature with Privacy settings. Follow us to know how to stop sharing my location without them knowing with Privacy.
- Go to the Settings first.
- Scroll down to find the Privacy option and tap on it.
- Then find the Location Services option and also click on it.
- Now you will find the Share My Location option. Tap on it.
- There will be another Share My Location option, check the status and disable it to finish.
Way 5: How to Turn Off Location without Notifying via Precise Location
This method is a little the same as the last one, the most difference is that this way will help you turn off the precise location so that no one can track you accurately anymore.
- Open your Setting app first, then go to Privacy > Location Services.
- Select any of the Apps you want to disable precise location, click on it.
- Toggle the Precise Location to disabled.
Way 6: Use Another iOS Device to Change the Location
If you have more than one iOS device, you can use another one to change your current location if they are in a different location. However, please make sure both of the iOS devices are using the same Apple ID. Follow are the steps on how to stop sharing location without them knowing iPhone via another device.
- Navigate to Settings and click your profile.
- Click on Find My and turn on Share My Location.
- Go to your other iOS device and also turn on Share My Location with the steps above.
- Click on your profile > Find My > Use this iPhone as My Location.
- Now the first iPhone’s location will be changed to the same as the second device.
How to Stop Sharing Location without Them Knowing iMessage
If you are sharing a location with your contacts in iMessage, stop it is also not difficult, all you need to do is go to Contacts, then tap on the contact you want to stop sharing location, then find the Stop Sharing My Location option and tap on it.
After that, you have stopped sharing locations without them knowing on iMessage.
Faqs about Track Location on iPhone
Here are some faqs about track location on iPhone, please check below:
Q1: Can Anyone Track Your Location When Location Services is Off?
No, if you have disabled all your services, like Find My iPhone, Share My Location, and the Location Services, even if the one uses a third-party spy app, they cannot track your location.
Q2: Can My Location Be Tracked If My iPhone is Off?
Yes, with the latest iOS 15, Apple has added a new feature for iPhone 11, 12, or 13 series. You can enable Find My network so that your iPhone can be tracked even when it’s off or offline.
Although there are still other ways to help you make a fake location, they are paid services. With these free ways we have listed above, we ensure you can solve the question of how to stop sharing location without them knowing easily.
Anyway, we are glad to receive any feedback about our article and techs provided, please don’t hesitate to contact us.