Apple releases a new iOS system every year and gives many wonderful features to help users get a better experience. Since the release of iOS 14, users can make their Siri talk when plugged into a computer or a charger.
Do you know how to make Siri talk when plugged in? Take it easy, we will tell you the detailed steps in this article.
How to Make Siri Talk When Plugged In
As the latest version of the iOS system is iOS 15 and iOS 16 is coming out soon, most of the users have used the Shortcuts app already. If you haven’t ever used this app and don’t have it on your device, you may need to go to App Store to download it first.
Then, follow these steps:
1. On your iPhone/iPad, launch to Shortcuts app.
2. Now, find the Automation tab and click the “+” icon at the top right corner of the screen.
3. Click on the Create Personal Automation option.
4. Scroll down to find the Charger option and tap it.
5. There are two new options under the Charger, you can check “Is Connected” when you want Siri to talk while plugging in, or choose “Is Disconnected” if you want Siri talking when stop charging. Of course, you can also check both.
6. Click Next to continue, which is also at the top right corner.
7. Now, it’s time to add a Speak Text action to this automation. Tap Add Action, then choose Speak Text from its suggestions. Or you can simply search for “speak” from the search bar.
8. Click the Text bubble to enter what you want Siri to say. You can write text in capitalization or lower case as you like, Siri can read both of them. Besides, the length of the text also doesn’t matter, just follow your heart.
Note: If you want to make more changes to the Speak text, you can tap the Show more option. Here, you can change rate, pitch, language, and voice.
9. Click Next again, then turn off “Ask Before Running” and tap Don’t Ask from the pop-up window to confirm again.
10. Tap done, Shortcuts will not ask you again when the automation is triggered. Thus, Siri will talk automatically when plugged in.
Now, you can plug your iPhone into the charger and check if the automation works.
Funny Speak Text iPhone Charging Ideas
As you can enter any text into the Speak text action, iPhone users have made many funny ideas on it. Below are some of them:
- Yes! Daddy!
- Thank you, daddy.
- Feed me!
- Juice Me.
- Give it to me baby!
- Is it in?
- Go ahead, make my day.
- It’s alive! It’s alive!
- May the force be with you.
- I’ll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!
- There’s no place like home.
- Yeah, baby, yeah.
- Mr / Mrs (last name). You’re trying to seduce me – aren’t you?
- It’s getting hot in here.
Read also: how to fix Snapchat keeps crashing iPhone>>
What If Speak Text Command Does Not Work on Automations
According to users from the Apple discussion, we find that the speak text command might not work even if you have set it correctly. Want to know how to fix it? Don’t worry, we have listed some solutions here.
Update to the Latest Version
iOS system always has minor glitches, if there is a new version of the system, don’t hesitate to install it. The latest system version can solve many current problems.
Change a Voice to Try Again
As the problem stems from Siri, changing the voice can somehow solve it. Please go to Settings > Siri & Search > Siri Voice, and select a different voice to try again.
Press the power button or side button on your device, then slide to power off. Wait for a minute or two, then power it on. Now, you can check if the problem is still here. Hopefully, it has been solved with this easy trick.
That’s all about how to make iPhone speak when plugged in, you can set any words you like or use the funny ideas we have listed above. We are glad to receive any comments or reviews, hope you have a good day!