It may be troublesome if you want to find WiFi password on iPhone, however, the iPhone does not show a WiFi password in any settings. You may wonder, is there any way to view the WiFi password?
The answer is yes. Although Apple doesn’t give any built-in function to show WiFi passwords, users have tried many ways and got some useful solutions.
How to Find WiFi Password on iPhone with Router
There is not only one way to help one find the saved WiFi passwords iPhone, and the best and free way is to use the Router’s IP Address.
It seems it’s a little difficult for ones who don’t know any mobile phone technology to proceed this way but it’s not. All you need to know is to open your iPhone and follow the steps of our guide by step.
- Open the Settings app from the home screen.
- Now find and click on WiFi. There will be an exclamation mark beside the WiFi you are using. Tap on it to go to the detailed WiFi information page.
- Now, you need to find the DHCP, just scroll down to check and click on it. You will see the IP address, subnet mask, and Router.
- Record the router to your memo or somewhere you are convenient to use.
- Go back to your home screen and open Safari, enter the router you have recorded before.
- The browser will take you to a new page and ask for the username and password. The default username and password should both be admin if you haven’t changed it before.
- Next, you will enter the router page, find Wireless Settings, and click on it.
- Then, click Wireless Security.
- Finally, find the Security Key to view your WiFi password on iPhone.
Isn’t it easy? What has to be aware of is that there may be minor differences in the options’ names according to different routers, you can try the settings in routers one by one.
How to See WiFi Password on iPhone with iCloud Keychain
Like what we have mentioned above, the router can only find the password of the WiFi network you are using. How to find the password of other WiFi networks you have connected to before?
The answer is the iCloud keychain. This feature will help save all the passwords you have shared across to your iPhone/iPad/Mac.
Follow the steps below to learn how to use the iCloud keychain to show WiFi password iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app, click on your Apple ID, and then iCloud.
- Now tap on Keychain options.
- Click the toggle to enable the iCloud Keychain.
- The syncing process will be started, please wait patiently.
- Now, open your Mac and tap on the Apple logo.
- From the drop-list, select System Preferences.
- On the next screen, click on iCloud.
- Then, you will see all the apps you are using, check the Keychain, and make sure it is enabled.
- Go to Launchpad and search for Keychain Access.
- Once it appears, click on it. Enter your WiFi name to search.
- Double click on the WiFi, you will be taken to a new window.
- Now, there are the details of your WiFi, check the Show password option.
- You will need to enter your Keychain password. In another word, it’s your Mac login password.
Now you can view WiFi password iPhone and use it for other devices or just record it to memos or other places.
How to View WiFi Password on iPhone via Sharing to Friends
Another easy way to find WiFi password on iPhone is using the Share Password feature. This way is super compared to the two ways above. The only disadvantage is that you need to find a friend nearby to help you. Below are the steps to use this feature.
- First, update both your friend and your device to the latest iOS system.
- Turn on WiFi and Bluetooth on both devices, and also disable the personal hotspot.
- Save your friend’s Apple ID to your contacts and vice versa.
- Make sure the two devices are close to each other.
- Unlock your device and connect to a WiFi network.
- Use your friend’s device to try to connect to the same WiFi network.
- There will be a pop-up window appearing from the bottom of your device.
- Click on Share Password and then Done once it is shared completely.
You can go to your friend’s device to check the WiFi password on iPhone.
That’s all about how to check WiFi password on iPhone, you can choose anyone to try without paying anything. Although there are many paid apps that can help view saved WiFi password on iPhone, the free ways should be the first choice.