For iOS users, the yearly iOS system update optimizes their experience on iPhone. This year, the iOS 16 will come out soon with many new features.
Apple usually releases the developer beta version first, letting users help test and give feedback on the issue of the new iOS system. However, you need to pay the Apple developer member fee if you want to install the iOS 16 developer beta. Is there a way to use the iOS 16 developer beta for free?
The answer is YES; follow us now to learn the detailed steps.
Step 1: Check for Compatibility and Backup of Your iPhone
As is known to all, the new iOS update will not support all types of iPhones. Each new Update will support different iOS devices. The iOS 16 beta will only support the iPhone Se 2nd generation and the model later. This means iPhone 7 or iPhone 7s will not be able to install the new Update.
Then, you need to backup your device as many issues occur when you update the new version. A backup can avoid data loss.
Step 2: Go to betaprofiles.com
Before downloading the iOS 16 beta, we would like to introduce a useful website to you: betaprofiles.com.
This site allows everyone to download iOS 16, iPadOS 16, watchOS 9, macOS 13, tvOS 16, audioOS 16, AirPods Beta and Xcode 14. Besides, it also provides the beta version of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, etc.
Thus, the first step is to open your iPhone, go to Safari, enter betaprofiles.com, find the iOS 16 beta, and click on Install Profile.
Step 3: Install iOS 16 Profile
Once you click on the Install Profile button, a pop-up window will appear. Read it carefully; if you still want to download the new iOS 16 beta, click on Install Anyways!
From the next pop-up window, select Allow. Now the Profile has been downloaded, let’s go back to Settings to check it.
Step 4: Download iOS 16 Beta
Generally, you can find the Profile Downloaded under your Apple ID. If there is no this option, click More for Your iPhone, and you will find it.
- Now, tap on Profile Downloaded, and click Install from the prompt window.
- It will ask you to enter your passcode.
- Next, read the Consent and tap on Install, double confirm it.
- A restart requirement will pop up; click on the Restart button.
- After the restart is complete, go to Settings again, then select General > Software Update.
- The iOS 16 developer beta will appear soon, and then you can tap on Download and Install.
- You will need to enter your passcode again. Read the Terms and Conditions and hit the Agree. The Update Requested will start.
- The time needs to wait is different according to different devices.
Step 5: Install iOS 16
Once the iOS 16 developer beta is downloaded, click on Install Now. It will start with “Verifying update.” And what we need to do is wait for the new Update to finish. It will not cost a lot of time.
How to Go Back to iOS 15
If you do not want to use the iOS 16 beta version, you can easily downgrade to the official iOS 15 with iTunes.
- Please open iTunes on your PC or the Finder app on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to it with a USB cable.
- Back up your iPhone first, as the restore will erase all your data.
- Find and click on the Device icon.
- Then, tap the Summary option and click on Restore iPhone.
- If you are using Mac, find your iPhone under locations. Then hit on Restore iPhone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the restore.
- After the restore is complete, you can set up your iPhone as a one and check if the iOS version has been downgraded to the latest iOS 15.
That’s all about how to download and install the iOS 16 beta to your iPhone without a developer account. The method is completely free, and we hope it will help!