Users have reported that when they try to sign out of their Apple ID on iPhone or iPad, the screen reads “Apple ID Sign Out Is Not Available Due to Restrictions“.
Occasionally, you may wish to change the account on your iPhone or iPad or give it away to someone else. When you try to sign out of your Apple ID on an iPhone or iPad, you’ll get a greyed-out Sign Out option with the phrase “Sign out is not available due to restrictions.”
The constraints on Apple’s id have you wondering what to do and how to log out. In this post, we’ll look at some of the more permanent fixes for this problem.
What Causes This?
If you see the notice “Sign Out is Not Available due to Restrictions”, it indicates that you are unable to sign out of your iCloud account because of certain constraints. How can you get around the restrictions that prevent you from signing out of your Apple ID?
There might be some limitations and limits on screen time that have been set on your iPhone or iPad, or they are the screen time limits that have been activated via the device that is used to arrange family sharing. This will cause you to find that the option to sign out is disabled in the meantime, as shown by the grayed-out text.
What Does It Imply When It Says, “Sign Out Not Available Due to Restrictions”?
When you try to sign out from your Apple ID, it will not be available due to restrictions. This means that you cannot sign out from your account because there is some kind of restriction on the account.
The most common reason for this error message is if someone has set up parental controls on your Apple ID and you’ve forgotten to remove them. For example, if you have set up parental controls on your account and forgot to remove them, then you will get this error message when trying to sign out.
Let’s take a closer look at each of the reasons for this problem to appear:
- You can’t sign out of your iCloud account if the “Sign Out” button is greyed out or otherwise inactive.
- To sign out of your Apple ID while your phone is being restored, you must wait until the restoration process is complete before you may do so.
- “Verification Failed” appears when you try to sign out of your iCloud account when you input the incorrect password.
2 Easy Fixes for Sign Out Not Available Due to Restrictions
The Apple ID Sign Out Not Available Due to Restrictions error message can be a real headache. This common error message appears on the Apple ID Sign Out screen. This means that you can’t sign out of your account due to restrictions. You may also see a message that says that your user ID cannot be verified because it has been locked.
Here are 2 easy fixes for this bug.
Fix 1: Turn Off Screen Time on Your Device and Then Restart
The first fix is simply to turn off the screen time since it prevents the iPad from signing out because of the limits. Take a look at the instructions below to switch off your device’s screen time.
- Go to the “Settings” app on your phone to get started.
- Click “Screen Time” and then scroll down to “Turn Off Screen Time” in the menu.
- You’ll be asked to enter your screen time passcode when you start the application. As soon as you do, the issue will be resolved instantly.
Fix 2: Turn Off Screen Time on Your Child’s Device
Turning off screen time on your child’s device that is associated with your Apple ID is the best solution for this issue. The Apple ID Sign Out is not available due to restrictions error message can be resolved by turning off screen time on their devices.
You can perform the same steps explained above on their devices to turn off the screen time.
3 Common Fixes for Sign Out is Not Available Due to Restriction
There are a few common solutions to fix the issue of sign-out not working due to restrictions. If your Apple ID sign out is not available due to restrictions, we recommend that you try these solutions:
1. Restart your iPhone
If you are still unable to sign out of your iPhone because of limitations, we recommend resetting your device. iPhone users can follow these instructions to reset their devices.
To restart your iPhone, follow these steps.
- Hold the volume and side buttons until the power-off slider appears.
- Drag the slider and wait 30 seconds.
- To turn the gadget on, press and hold the button on the side of it until you see the Apple logo.
- Your iPhone should be restarted.
2. Update iOS
Many problems might arise if you’re using an old version of iOS. As a result, it is advisable to keep your iOS up to date. Take the following steps to see if your iOS is up-to-date.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- To check for software updates, go to the General menu and select Software Update.
- You’ll be able to see the most recent version of your software from there. If not, please download and install the newest version of iOS on your device. Your issue may be solved by this.
3. Reset to Factory Settings
This is the easiest and most common method of solving signout is not available due to restrictions problem. If you have done a factory reset on your Apple ID, then sign-out will be available again. If you have done a clean install of iOS, then you need to reset it back to factory settings. Follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to General.
- Tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on Erase all Content and Settings option and enter your password. This will wipe all data from your device including pictures, songs, apps, etc.
- Once your device has been reset back to its original state, sign-out should be available again in iTunes or App Store accounts as well as the iCloud account that is linked with that Apple ID.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is Sign Out Not Available Due to Restrictions?
Your Apple ID has various restrictions that prevent you from signing out of your account. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as when the phone is being restored, when the sign-out option is greyed out when the phone is trapped in an unending cycle of sign-out, or when the phone is being restored, or anytime the verification go wrong.
How Do I Remove Restrictions from My Apple ID Sign In?
When you are unable to sign out of your iPhone due to limitations, the following are some troubleshooting steps that can help you address the problem.
- Turn off screen time on your phone
- Restart your device
- Do a factory reset to your device
- Reset the Internet Protocol (IP) Address
- Check the backup in iCloud
- Disable any restrictions
- Update your iOS
Why Is My Apple ID Restricted?
This is most likely because you have activated the screen time feature, which limits the amount of time that may be spent using the device. Even if it’s just a few times, it’s possible that you locked this specific function with a password for your screen time.
After you have completed all of these steps, a message on your smartphone will appear stating that “sign out not accessible due to limitations.” It should come as no surprise that there is no foolproof method for removing it. When anything like this takes place, you could observe any of the following:
- A never-ending cycle of the sign-out.
- Option to sign out which is greyed out.
- Verification error
Also Read: How to fix iPhone is unavailable
When your iPhone is restricted or undergoing restoration, the notice “Sign out is not available due to restrictions” will show on your device.
This problem might have a variety of causes, but the do-it-yourself remedies in this tutorial should help you resolve it.
When you sign out of your Apple ID and reset your iPhone, you run the risk of losing your data. Before you do anything, make sure you have a current and comprehensive backup of your data.
The comments section below is open for any further thoughts or recommendations you may have.