It would be embarrassing if you want that your Apple payment method declined when you are trying to purchase music, games, or any other subscriptions. As far as we know, it is not a rare problem. Apple users have figured out the possible reasons and the solutions proved to be useful.
Apart from this, Apple also provides several methods for users to check and solve the issue themselves. Let’s have a look at the reasons and fixes for this Apple ID payment method declined problem.
Why is My Payment Method Declined on Apple
Before learning how to fix the payment method declined Apple Store error, we would like to talk about the reasons first. There are various possible causes of this issue, we have grouped them into six broad categories.
1. Bank issue, the most possible reason is that your bank detects that the purchase activity is suspicious and temporary blocks your payment.
2. Insufficient account balance, sometimes you may ignore your balance, if your account is in arrears, the payment also will be declined.
3. Incorrect payment information, you should also check your payment method if there are errors with your card number, expiration date, and security (CVV) code.
4. iTunes account and iTunes store issue, if your billing address does not match your iTunes account address, the payment declined issue will occur; besides, if your payment card is issued from a country out of the iTunes store, it may also be declined.
5. Apple payment glitches, there may be iOS system bugs that decline your payment.
6. VPN issues, the VPN service you are using does not terminate in the country of the iTunes store.
How to Fix Apple ID Payment Method Declined
After knowing the reasons for your payment method was declined Apple problem, now we can move to the solutions.
Apple Suggested Solution: Check Payment Information with Your Device
Here, we will describe the solution that Apple official recommends:
- You can go to the Settings app, and then click on your name.
- Next, click Apple ID> Payment & Shipping.
- Now, you can check your payment information and you will find the red text which tells the wrong part.
- To add a new payment, you can click on the Add Payment Method and follow its instructions.
- Click on your App Store first.
- Then you need to tap on your name.
- Click View Information.
- Now you can move to Payment Information and tap on Manage Payments. Sign in with your Apple ID if needed.
- Now, you can check, update, add new, or remove the payment method.
Apple Payment Method Declined Solutions from Quora Users
As the problem appears now and then, we also find some solutions from the users on Quora.
1. Contact Your Bank to Fix Apple Payment Method Declined
This is the easiest solution if you are sure that there is no problem with your payment information in the iTunes store.
You just need to call your bank center and tell them the details of the payment declined issue you are facing and provide the information the support needs. Then, the bank will help you approve the payment soon.
2. Use PayPal Form of Payment
Another user from Quora has claimed that he had apple saying payment method declined issue, but Apple and the bank blamed each other.
His fix is to add the card declined by Apple to his PayPal account, then use PayPal as the form of payment and Apple accepts it! If you have the same issue, it is a not bad choice to try.
3. Add a New Card and Then Delete It
This solution is similar to what Apple gives to us, however, the difference is that you can still use the old card to complete the purchase.
- You can go to your wallet or your iCloud account.
- Then add the new card to it and delete the old card that has been declined.
- Now it will show your new card is the primary, and not declined.
- Next, you can add the declined card to it again and remove the new card.
- The original will be the primary one again and you can try to purchase anything you want, it should be OK now.
Check Your Purchase History for Unpaid Purchases
You should also check your purchase history if there are unpaid purchases, you can not update apps or purchase new content. That’s why you may receive the error message “your payment method was declined Apple ID”.
To solve the issue, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > and then iTunes & App Store.
- Click on your Apple ID, then select View Apple ID.
- You will need to enter your Apple ID password if it asked.
- Scroll down to find the Purchase History and click on it to check the unpaid purchases listed under Pending.
- Finish or ask Apple to help clear them, then your payment will be back to normal.
Sign out of iTunes & App Store, then Sign in Again
As the issue also may be caused by software glitches, it is also possible to solve the problem via signing out of your iTunes&App Store, then signing in again.
The step is easy, you can go to Settings >iTunes & App Store > tap on your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out. Next, go back to sign in it again.
Update Your iPhone/iPad/Mac and Then Restart
If your iOS/iPadOS version or macOS version is too low, your payment method was declined Apple may also happen. In this case, we need to update them and perform a restart to make the system in a good condition.
- For iPhone and iPad, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Check for updates and install it.
- For Mac, click the Apple icon to enter the menu, then select System Preferences and click Software Update.
Apple Payment Method Declined Fix: Contact Apple Support
If there are no way works, the final solution is to contact Apple Support. Hopefully, they will ask you to provide the details of your issue and solve the problem with iTunes and Apple Store.
Faqs about Apple Payment
What happens if the payment method is declined?
If you see the message “your payment method was declined Apple”, it means there are issues with your credit card or Apple payment method. You need to check your payment info r follow the solutions we provide above to solve it.
what if there is an unexpected charge?
If you see an unexpected charge from your account, you can request a refund for the purchase and tell the support of the truth. In addition to this, canceling the subscription you do not want anymore is also necessary.
No More Apple Payment Method Declined!
Have you solved the Apple saying payment method declined? It should not be a problem anymore if you have tried all the methods we described in this article. If you have any other inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us!