How to Fix Black Spots on iPhone Screen (Step by Step)
Many people rely on their iPhones to get them through the day. Whether it’s for work or play, these are undoubtedly premium phones. This is why it’s quite upsetting to know that these can get black spots on iPhone screen. Get to know the cause and how to fix a black spot on my iPhone screen.
Causes of Black Spot on iPhone Screen
There are a number of reasons why there is a black spot on iPhone screen. Get to know what these are so that you can not only avoid these, but also know how to fix them later on if the need arises.
Dead pixels may be one of the reasons why there’s a black spot on the screen. When it’s dead, it means that it has been dropped or banged, or it can simply be a manufacturing defect. It’s more alarming to know that dead pixels and the black spot can increase over time.
There might be software kinks from time to time from the updates rolled out by Apple and this can be another reason why black spots take over on your device screen.
Damaged LCD Components
If your screen is cracked and it isn’t fixed right away, your phone’s LCD could be damaged as well. Apart from dust going in, the LCD could encounter water or liquid damage as well, particularly when it has been dropped into some form of liquid.
External Screen Pressure
iPhones now have more durable screens, but that doesn’t mean you should put additional pressure on them in any way. At times, these can be caused by pressure in a particular spot, such as being pushed by thumbs or fingers too much, being placed in a tight spot, or by internal components such as its battery.
How to Fix Black Spot on iPhone Screen
If you’re wondering how to remove black spot on iPhone screen, below are five ways you could try it out for yourself. Check these out.
Update the Device Software
To update your iPhone software and to try to remove the black spot in iPhone screen, follow the steps below.
- Go to your device Settings and go to General.
- Under General, you’ll find Software Update. Tap on this to see if there are any new updates available.
- Click on Download and Install to proceed with any updates available.
Restart Your Device
You can also try removing the black spots on the screen by restarting your device. Sometimes, this approach works and the black spots are gone when the device opens.
- Press and hold the Power button and either one of the Volume buttons provided until a message slider appears on top of the screen. For older models, all you need to do is press the Power button.
- The message on the slider reads “slide to power off.” Drag the slider to the right.
- Allow the iPhone to be completely turned off and for the screen to go black.
- Then, press the power button once more until the Apple logo appears.
Relieve Pressure on the Screen
Pressure spots can create black spots on the screen. As mentioned, this can either come from external pressure or from inside the device itself. Help relieve the pressure by doing the following steps.
- Turn off your iPhone.
- Open the device and see where the internal pressure takes place. This is most likely from the battery or other similar components.
- Remove the battery and see if the pressure is taken out.
- If the problem still persists, you can try looking for bent components that are pushing on the screen and replacing or straightening these out.
Clean Your Phone Screen
There might simply be dust or dirt lodged in your phone screen, which may be the reason why there’s a black spot. Cleaning this might work to get rid of the black spot.
- Turn your device off.
- Take a traditional wet cloth and wipe it on the screen. You can also take a microfiber cloth in cleaning the screen.
- Using circular motions, rub the spot in question in a gentle, circular motion. This will hopefully fix the black spot on your iPhone.
- Allow your phone to dry before turning it back on.
Get Professional Help
If all else fails, it’s time to let the experts do the hard work. When you have tried everything in your capacity to remove black splotches on iPhone screen to no avail, bringing your phone to an Apple Store near you and having them repair the screen is the best way to go to avoid causing further harm to your device.
FAQs of Black Spots on iPhone Screen
Will the black spot on iPhone screen spread if I don’t repair it?
If you’re worried about the black spot on iPhone screen spreading, there is a likelihood that the black spot will spread on your screen over time. Because of this, it’s best to have this repaired or find solutions for it right away.
How much does it cost to repair black spot on iPhone screen?
Depending on the extent of the black splotch on iPhone screen, the repairs for this can cost anywhere from $50 to $150. However, if the repairs are minimal, it shouldn’t go beyond $100.
What causes dead pixels on iPhone?
Dead pixels on iPhone screen are the result of hardware issues or simply manufacturing defects. This, unfortunately, cannot be fixed. Your screen, however, can still be replaced.
Can I fix black spot on iPhone screen for free?
You can try the aforementioned methods for fixing the black spot on screen iPhone fixed for free. You can also bring your device in if it is still under warranty and Apple might replace it without additional charges, but this might be on a case-to-case basis.
Fixing a black spot on your iPhone screen takes a lot of hard work and patience. Now that you have learned how to fix black spot on iPhone screen, you can now give your device a chance to finally look and feel brand new again.